Mr Xavier Lim
Mr Xavier is an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore, he is also a Director of the firm. He studied law at the University of Liverpool and graduated with Honors (Class 2 Division 1).
During his traineeships, Mr Xavier was heavily exposed to complex commercial litigation and criminal litigation, amongst other areas of law. His traineeships sparked off his interest in criminal law and upon admittance to the bar, he joined Messrs Surian & Partners and developed his practice in Criminal Law under the guidance of Mr Surian Sidambaram.
Over the years, Mr Xavier has acquired a wealth of experience in criminal cases and handles a wide variety of cases from simple assault to capital drug offences.
Mr Xavier also provides legal assistance to capital offenders as a counsel under the Legal Assistance for Capital Offences (LASCO) register of counsels. He is also a member of the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS). Known for his fortitudinous and forthright character, Mr Xavier’s achievements in and out of court serve as the best testimony of the quality of work that he brings to his clients.
Mr Xavier also volunteers as a co-author for articles published under the Asia Law Network.
Mr Xavier is able to converse in English, Mandarin and Hokkien dialect which allows him to help people of different linguistic backgrounds.
- Defending clients for offences under the following:
o Penal Code offences
o Road traffic offences
o Drug offences
o Remote gambling offences
o Customs offences
o Other statutory and regulatory offences (MOM, IRAS, LTA, NEA etc.)
- Representing clients in civil disputes including:
o Debt recovery
o Employment disputes
o Contractual disputes
o Tenancy disputes
o Bankruptcy and company winding up
- Representing clients in Family matters including:
o Simplified Divorce
o Contested Divorce
o Custody disputes
o Maintenance disputes
o Personal Protection Orders
- Defended accused persons from charges under the Official Secrets Act.
- Defended an accused person from drug consumption charges under the Misuse of Drugs Act (PP v Tinesh Veera s/o Murugayah  SGDC 269)
- Defended an accused person from drug trafficking charges under the Misuse of Drugs Act (PP v Nimalan Ananda Jothi and another  SGHC 97)
- Defended an accused person for negligently causing death in a traffic collision.
- Represented client in an appeal to the High Court in a road rage conviction.
· Civil Litigation
· Bankruptcy and Company winding up
· Family Law
· Dispute Resolution
· Tenancy Matters